Friday, September 4, 2015

Mcdonald's Guacamole Burger!

I'll start this review by saying, I didn't always like guacamole. Hell, I straight up didn't like it at all. To me it looked like something someone might barf up if they were possessed by a demon. I tried it a few times here and there but just couldn't get into it. Then some shift in my taste buds happen and now I want to eat Guac seven days a week and twice on Sunday. So when I saw that the elusive McDonald's Guacamole burger was available in my area, I decided to give it a whirl.  


But when I walked into McDonald's I was faced with a choice. Burger? Or this NEW BUTTERMILK CRISPY CHICKEN! Of course I ordered it with the chicken. Two birds with one stone! I can try both of these things in one review, it will be great! So let's see how this Guacamole Chicken Sandwich measures up! (confused? Stay with me.)


Aaaaaaand here's my Buttermilk Crispy Chicken Guacamole sandwich. What's that? You don't see any chicken there? Yeah. Thanks McDonald's. You managed to get the box right, but somewhere between that and choosing between the burger patty or the chicken, something went wrong.


SO I GUESS I'M REVIEWING THE BURGER NOW. If you hadn't guessed already, this burger is...weird. The bun is the same one on the Clubhouse burger, and it's actually really good, but I'm a fan of fresh, chewy buns.  It's got a thick "beef" patty that seems to be the same as the rest of their larger burgers. Also you get lettuce (ugh) a slice of white cheddar, pico de Gallo, and the star of the show, the guacamole.


The flavor of the Guac is mixed with the pico de Gallo and what seems to be a large amount of lime juice, most likely to keep this strange fast food guac from going brown too quickly. So it's a very tangy, citrus flavor that really stands out. It's not terrible, but it's not really what I was hoping for. The guacamole itself seems somehow a little more slimy than usual? I guess it could be from the huge tomato chunks and fifteen foot sheet of lettuce they slapped on here too. Overall, it's an okay burger, but I was kind of wishing I had just gotten something with a lot more bacon and cheese.


I've never had guacamole on a burger and I don't think I will again after this. Not that this burger was especially bad, but because I don't think guacamole works within the burger build.  This thing was so slippery I had to be careful it didn't come apart in my hands. It was basically two pieces. Everything above the Guac, and then everything below. It seemed to shift and slide with a mind of it's own and by the end I tossed the final couple bites back into the box with my hands covered in green slime and declared I was done with it.

This might be a rare sandwich, because it's only available in certain areas, but if you see it in yours and want to try it, perhaps try the chicken instead. Maybe the breading will help keep the sandwich together a bit better, but if not, you're not missing much here, Guac fans. Perhaps now I'll turn my attention back to trying to get Chili's to bring back the Fire Roasted Corn Guacamole!

I give the McDonald's Guacamole burger a C-!

EMAIL US AND TELL US WHAT YOU WANT US TO REVIEW: fatguyfoodblog@gmail.com
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER FOR LIVE TWEETING EVENTS & MINI REVIEWS: @FATGUYFOODBLOG
LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE AND JOIN THE FGFB COMMUNITY: www.facebook.com/fatguyfoodblog 


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this story.
    This kind of story same as another site like McDonald's Blog India.

    http://mcdonaldsblog.in/

    ReplyDelete