Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Therapy

Back when I did the review for the Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Nougat Crunch Ice cream, I told the tale of choosing that one over the Chocolate Therapy flavor. When I realized the error of my ways and went back to find it a day later, they were sold out. So my search blossomed into the ice cream version of a full scale man-hunt. I checked every gas station, residence, warehouse, farm house, hen house, out house and dog house in my area. Finally, I found it. 

Irwin couldn't have cared less. 
So how is it? Well...it's weird. Let me start with this, IT IS DELICIOUS. But it's also weird. It honestly doesn't seem like it's ice cream. I know, I know, that makes zero sense. But it's true.

Looks almost like the surface of a Chocolate planet.
Ben and Jerry tell you that this ice cream is: Chocolate Ice Cream with Chocolate Cookies & Swirls of Chocolate Pudding Ice Cream. That sounds like an overload of chocolate that a human being might not be able to handle. Here's the thing though, it doesn't taste like all of those things at all. It tastes more like someone was baking a batch of brownies and then at the last minute decided to freeze the batter. But right before they toss it in the freezer, they mix in some pudding and a few chocolate chips for good measure. There was no time when I was eating this that I ever took a bite and tasted "ICE CREAM", not even close.

It's sickeningly delicious.
      It's like a big mess of frozen chocolate STUFF. But it's damn good. I could have demolished this entire pint in no time flat, if it wasn't for my Green Lantern-like willpower. I put the pint back in the freezer and went back to it the next day, to be sure my taste buds were really tasting something this crazy with chocolate and it wasn't just some sort of fever dream.
     So if you're looking for a really good ice cream, for it's ice cream, this isn't what you want. But if you want something that is gross with chocolate, something that is going to make you say something out loud about how delicious it is, and then keep spooning it into your face non-stop, this is for you.
    I give it a B+. It would have been higher, but I feel like Ben and Jerry are trying to fool you here. This is no ice cream. It should be called CONTAINER OF DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE STUFF THAT IS COLD. Or something along those lines.  But I liked it!
You can tell I liked it by the thumbs up I am giving. 

2 comments:

  1. Checkpoints go up at fifteen miles. Your fugitive's name is Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Therapy. Go get him.

    ReplyDelete